Monday, February 2, 2009

The Boy who cried 'Wolf!'

So yea, I've thought about doing a blog for a while now. In fact I've false started about 4 times so far, but never manage to hit that publish button.

I guess I'll start with Hello and a quick little story.

So yea, I am Jed. I'm a gay guy with a fantastic partner and two totally amazing kids. I work for a living and most days I enjoy it. I like to read (books and comic books). I love stupid quirky movies. And love the Smiths, more than I should, really more than anyone should.

Quick Little Story: I was putting my kiddos to bed tonight after bath and story-time and my 3 year old said "Poppa, night night wuzz you" and I sing him my song I sing each night and he pulls up his blankets and smiles. So then it's off to the top bunk and my 4 year old gets the same song and he gets kisses and cuddles and love you's and as I am leaving he says "Poppa, tell me a story." Which incidentally, he asks every night. So I tell him the story of the "Boy who cried 'Wolf'". And I go through how the boy shouts "Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! and everyone comes a-runnin' but there is no wolf and then he does it again and again massive riot but no wolf, and finally he does it once more and there is a Wolf! and nobody comes! and he sits up and says "OH NO!" so at that point, I know I've got to change the ending. This kid isn't ready for a wolf eating a boy sammich, so on the fly, cuz I am cool like that, I say that the Wolf chases him up a tree and he drops his ice cream cone and the Wolf eats it. The End. He liked the story alot. Except he added "Maybe Magneto will come and get the wolf." which means, that. yea. He's going to be a big geek too.

Night Night folks, Wuzz you.

Jed AKA Jack Flash

5 comments:

  1. LOL. That made me grin and it melts my heart.

    I'm so glad you have a blog now! It's no secret I find you completely inspiring as a person, and this is great for more than those brief moments in X-Cres.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wuzz you too...no tickles required.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you in all your comic book geekiness. And I love that you're passing it on to my nephews. Just think what my baby will be like...he'll an have 80's rocker hair band look from birth on. And he'll be a reader like me. So one day he'll tell Daddy "Umm, Pops, can we put off practicing with the double necked stratocaster until after I find out if Hermione and Ron ever get it on?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome to blog land...look forward to comic geeking out with you some day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tooo funny....I hope it wasn't chocolate ice cream cause wolves like dogs shouldn't have chocolate.

    ReplyDelete